Farmers and Products
We carefully source every ingredient and product made or sold at Solar Crêpes. Supporting businesses with sustainable ideology is pretty important to us and we think it makes for some pretty delicious outcomes!
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative
Lancaster PA (lancasterfarmfresh.com)
- Organic and Hormone Free Dairy
- Organic Butter
- Organic Pennsylvania Noble Cave Aged Cheddar (We went to the cave – We met Henry Lapp the Amish cheese maker – We almost died of the smell- but were overwhelmed with joy!)
- Toy Cow Creamery – Amish Yogurt Smoothies
- Fruits and Veggies (We will list at the cart!)
Swoope VA – The farm featured in the movie Food, Inc. and the bestselling Omnivores' Dilemma – We love their products! (polyfacefarms.com)
- Pastured Chickens
- Pastured Brown Eggs
Second Spring Farm
Purcellville, VA – David Giusti is a classical musician turned bohemian farmer. If he plays as well as he farms, he must be related to Mozart! (secondspringfarm.com)
- Veggies (We will list daily on the cart!)
One Village Coffee
A warm group of enthusiastic people making a great product – and a great company! We are proud to partner with them! (onevillagecoffee.com)
Knewtella – Chocolate Hazelnut Spread created especially for Solar Crêpes with carefully sourced chocolate and fresh roasted, hand-shelled hazelnuts! (krishon.com)
Route 11 Potato Chips
Middletown VA – A great and addictive snack! (rt11.com)
The Tea Rose Petal Jam is a favorite but other varieties of these artisanal preserves are spectacular. Workers actually have to take a break while making the jam because the aroma of the rose petals is so overwhelming! (harvestsongventures.com)
Boylan Natural Sodas
All natural sodas made with cane sugar and no artificial flavors or preservatives. (boylanbottling.com)
Inko’s White Tea
The flavors of these unsweetened and sweetened teas are so subtle and shocking all at the same time! (healthywhitetea.com)
McCutcheon’s Apple Cider
From Frederick, Maryland! A traditional accompaniment to a crêpe bretonne is an apple cider. The sweet of the cider pairs nicely with a warm savory crepe.
Sweet Leaf Tea
Not so local – but we love this tea. We love their story, their ideas, and their communities. (sweetleaftea.com)
What do we use that is organic or beyond?
- King Arthur AP Organic Flour
- Organic Pocono Buckwheat Flour (poconofoods.com)
- Cannellini Beans (Camille’s Famous Hummus)
- Toasted Pecans
- Cinnamon and Curry Powders (mountainroseherbs.com)
- Tamari (Gluten-free Soy Sauce)
What other products/ingredients we are proud of?
- Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Ducktrap Wild Smoked Salmon
- Our buckwheat crepe is 100% gluten free.
- We use wheat free soy sauce to roast our chicken!